Development or other help

Znwo
New

Development or other help

Post by Znwo » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:24 am

I've got interest in helping with the dev work ;) If you accept help or have any kind of repo we can help out with..

One person doing it all can take a long time, can easily partition bits and pieces out to get things flowing. Let me know, i'm always keen to try my hand at some things... I've not really done any or much java dev work in the last 10 years, but once upon a time, I did do backend java server work.. lol

I used to play Revelation, found the client recently and decided to look up what was going on there, and it led me here so keen to throw some wood around to help out in any way I can.

cheers
--Aaron

Maven
Site Admin

Re: Development or other help

Post by Maven » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:47 pm

Hey Aaron, great seeing another new face! Had a few people from rev show up the past week.

Thanks offering to help with the coding, I'm not really looking for any help with it just now, but good to know there's a couple of programmers here in case I run in to any trouble! I'm planning to get something a bit more playable out before Christmas with most of the systems needed, even if they're basic to begin with.

How are you with web development? Not a huge deal atm, but would nice to have a functional website in the future. Maybe you could help out with that? Or even just being a tester and finding problems is helpful! I see you already found one bug that crashed the game :lol:. It's a known bug though and has been fix on the latest version.
:twisted:

Znwo
New

Post by Znwo » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:45 am

Hah sweet as,

I can help with web development, can definitely throw stuff up. But design wise, i'm a coder through and through, youd get a default bootstrap UI (http://getbootstrap.com/examples/theme/) probably, and that would be me trying ;P

Yeah cough, i could start to list the different things I struggled with ;) But was more keen on seeing what was there initially and how well it ran ;P I think I got in an endless loop with some monsters at some point ;) And have yet to attack something

But was waiting to find out what could/couldn't be done so far and what was planned before making any comments ;P

It felt like Rev so props to that ;P haha

Maven
Site Admin

Post by Maven » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:00 am

Haven't seen that site before could be come in handy haha. Well there's no real rush for a website just now but it wouldn't need to be anything flashy. If it's something you'd like to help out with then that would be cool 8-) . No pressure!

An endless loop like how? Did it continually attack, kill you then you respawn and it kills you respawn, death, respawn death.......? :mrgreen: If it was that then it was because there was an agro mob in the room where you spawn(they roam around randomly for now).

To attack you can either select your target by clicking on it and typing /a or you can do /a name, part of name works too i.e /a th to attack thornwood gaurd, you can also attack by using the number /a 0 (shift+up comes in handy!). Macro/hotkey have since been added and the attack system has changed a bit too. Still got somethings I want to finish off before releasing the update. There's not a lot to do in the current version you can go around killing mobs and get exp/level up cast a few spells.

/t is for talking to a mob or player in room. There's a bug in the current version if you type /t mob without a message it'll crash the game.

Anyhoo I better get to bed for work. Server is up...again :lol:

Znwo
New

Post by Znwo » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:21 am

chuckle, think I killed it again ;)

I think I was trying to cast a heal when things stopped responding, /c heal and /c heal 0 to see if that targeted it

the client doesn't really tell you when its lost connection to the backend, so I just sit there firing several commands wondering if its just not responding to what im doing or that i've actually dropped / killed the server ;P

And yeah an agro mob was in the resurrect room, but the loop appeared to occur without me actually resurrecting, or maybe I went afk and didn't realize, I can't remember ;P lol

i shall continue to poke, and will whip up the beginnings of a website for you and send it through so you can put something up shortly

Maven
Site Admin

Post by Maven » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:37 am

You sure did! :lol: same problem as before!

/cast isn't shortened to /c unfortunately, maybe it should be! But then what would clan chat use :o. You were almost right! you'd do /cast spellname, target. Or you can just click the target and type /cast spellname. If you want to cast spell on yourself, you can press tab to target yourself(the border around your picture will be green letting you know) and /cast spellname. Or /cast spellname, yourname.

Well your connection isn't really lost, which is why the client just hangs. It's still connected, it was the game part of the server that crashed. The part handling the connections still runs fine! That's why the website will still show online when it crashed. There is a bug with the client I know about that seems to disconnect you if you've idled too long. You might've been talking about that one. Will have it fixed on next release :)

That's great about the site, I appreciate it! There's no rush though, we don't even have a fully working game yet! :D

Znwo
New

Post by Znwo » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:37 pm

Health regen doesn't appear to start after combat, until after you have moved for the first time..

aka i just finished combat (finally, its pretty hard as a priest with no working spells lol)

Im on 1 health, and my health doesn't regen.. I wait nothing... I move south, and regen instantly starts up..

stamina was at full the entire time for both parts...

Znwo
New

Post by Znwo » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:39 pm

i take that back, it did start, it just seemed to take longer, if I wanted to kick into health regen mode, its starts faster if I move

Maven
Site Admin

Post by Maven » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:56 pm

There's a delay for regen after you've been attack or are attacking, think its 20 seconds. Might have been that, I'll take a look at it anyway. Thanks!

Firion
Bronze

Post by Firion » Sun May 21, 2017 4:23 am

Please fix the hotkeys for modification in the next update and I can get you a few more testers. :D My brother, roomate and I been wanting a little M.U.D... nostalgia. :lol: :D