Can't run the game?

Foxtrot
New

Can't run the game?

Post by Foxtrot » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:40 pm

So I just found this while checking on rev's status and I remembered someone saying they wanted to make something that resembled rev so I wanna give this a shot. I've downloaded the client but I can't seem to run the game. Anyone able to help? Or is this also already down.

btw, roll call for ex-rev players (if any) only name I've seen so far is Anubis :P

Maven
Site Admin

Re: Can't run the game?

Post by Maven » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:48 pm

Hello! You prob need to install java https://www.java.com/en/. It's still up, but still in development. There are a few ex-rev players around 8-) .
:twisted:

Foxtrot
New

Post by Foxtrot » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:20 am

It's still not working. I have Java installed by I see everything as .class files and they can't be opened :/

Maven
Site Admin

Post by Maven » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:16 am

Are you using windows? It sounds like you might have extracted the jar file or are opening it with a file manager. The testclient.zip should only contain a gfx folder and AlphaGameClient.jar. Try this http://cursed-lands.net/cursedlands.zip Made a launcher for it. Hopefully it helps!

Foxtrot
New

Post by Foxtrot » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:53 am

Sweet. The launcher helped. Thanks! Is there any guide/wiki up yet? (Doubtful but hopeful haha)

Maven
Site Admin

Post by Maven » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:41 pm

Awesome! Glad that worked. No wiki yet sorry. Still early days!

Foxtrot
New

Post by Foxtrot » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:25 am

So I got to character creation and then after that I can't log in again. The error message I'm getting is that I'm unable to connect to the server. But the server status is online..?

Maven
Site Admin

Post by Maven » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:00 am

Uh oh more problems! Looks like the server is still up, unable to get on just now as I'm in work.
Not sure what the problem might be will have a look when I get home.
Can only suggest making another account for now and try making a character there.

Foxtrot
New

Post by Foxtrot » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:28 pm

hmm yeah seems like that did the trick. Can I also ask if the Wicked Clown race is bugged atm? I'm starting with 100 points of every stat LOL. pretty nice though if you ask me

EDIT: same problem with the newly created account. can't login again after closing the client

Maven
Site Admin

Post by Maven » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:00 pm

Haha the races etc are just for testing things out for now there will be a reset at some point. :lol:

Hmm that sounds like an old bug. I might have uploaded the still bugged version oops. Will check it out back home now.

Edit: yup that's the problem! Have uploaded the fixed version. If you run it again it should download and you should be able to log in. Lemme know it if worked!

Also you crashed the server earlier! :lol: doing /t name with no message brings down the server :o has been fixed on newer version, just haven't updated the server yet cause I'm still working on a few things. So just be careful for now :D the only time you need to use it is to level up '/t priest train'.