Old Rev Players

tarok
New

Old Rev Players

Post by tarok » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:21 pm

I figured that after reading the forums, there should be a topic of this put in. So it wouldn't clutter up your suggestions or development.

Hello all, I am an old Rev player. Character names are:
tarok (assassin) AA7x
SayadinII (priest) AA6x
Koth (paladin) AA4x
Mentok (enchanter) AA4x

would like to help out with the development, but all i can offer is very little programming/coding skills and beta testing. I'm full-time welder but part time Beta tester through a company at-home and can help with any errors, suggestions, missing graphics, UI, etc. Just whatever i can come across to help get the game running.

Like all, I too still miss Rev. I even have a few screenshots here and there on back-up drives. Even the mighty 'Dave' speeches *somewhere*, but that will take a day or so to look for. Not saying i don't like the game, but i do want to see Rev come back and hopefully have a lasting impression to stay for a longer duration with all the exciting updates Phil talked about in 2010 before he went MIA for the last time. I know there were a few post explaining the possibilities as to what happen as the last days of Rev before it was unplugged. Even offers made to buy-out, but is anyone able to get communications to Phil? I would really like to see Rev come back, as it is not only a good Teenage game i played, but like Phil is with the creation, i had pride in my creation of the characters and to be apart of the community. However, if anyone is still in contact with him, let him know that Rev didn't die. Alot of us remember it as if it was 9/11.

Maven
Site Admin

Re: Old Rev Players

Post by Maven » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:35 pm

Hi welcome, no problem had a few rev players stop by so prob a good idea :)

Well I'm mainly just looking for people to test things out and get feedback/suggestions, so the more testers the better! :) Got most of the basics implemented now, lack actual content though. Will hopefully get some builders etc when it's a bit more developed.

Not sure if anything is happening with Rev, think a few people have tried to contact Phil, don't know if he replied. Been a good couple of years it's been down now, maybe he's working on a huge update, it's almost October..... :D

Hope to see you online.
:twisted:

tarok
New

Post by tarok » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:07 am

righto, and not a problem there, i'll be sure the check the update, and even keep a log of suggestions/bugs/fixes.... btw.. ROFLMAO @ October. THAT update, must be epic. wow, can't believe i still remember the post he made in the forums. it was schedule for October 2010, but alas, the Hunt for the Rev October is still ongoing.

Maven
Site Admin

Post by Maven » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:25 am

Sounds good :) .

Did he specify which October it was though? Atlaand incoming! :lol:

Nanaki
New

Post by Nanaki » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:37 am

Just stumbled across this site the other day, extremely stoked to hear a Rev-esque game is coming to life! I'd like to lend a hand any way that I can but from what I hear you're mostly looking for a web designer and my experience with that ended pre-HTML5. But other than that I have a good bit of programming knowledge in java and c# and a little working with databases as well.
But anywayyy my only notable toon from Rev was Nanaki, very sad to see that it died. Having some trouble logging in to your game though, it doesn't seem to do anything when i try to create a character and when i try to log in it just wipes the password field and does nothing else. Am I doing something wrong?

Maven
Site Admin

Post by Maven » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:49 am

Nanaki wrote:Just stumbled across this site the other day, extremely stoked to hear a Rev-esque game is coming to life! I'd like to lend a hand any way that I can but from what I hear you're mostly looking for a web designer and my experience with that ended pre-HTML5. But other than that I have a good bit of programming knowledge in java and c# and a little working with databases as well.
But anywayyy my only notable toon from Rev was Nanaki, very sad to see that it died. Having some trouble logging in to your game though, it doesn't seem to do anything when i try to create a character and when i try to log in it just wipes the password field and does nothing else. Am I doing something wrong?
Hello welcome,

It's getting there! Have most of the basics up and running, lacking content though. So once you get to a certain level you run out of things to do! Not too fussed about the website, download link and forum should do for now lol. Mostly looking to get help with content creation and balancing things then I can focus on the coding side of things a bit more.

You might be trying to log in instead of creating an account. Click the "create" button on the log in screen, another screen should appear asking for an account name, password etc. Fill them in click create and it should log you in. Then create your character and you should be good to go :)