multi-clienting

Firion
Bronze

Re: multi-clienting

Post by Firion » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:04 pm

psicho wrote:limit level on boss, or boss is very regular mechanism used almost in any game... There is no reason to player level 40 hav eoportunity to kill level 20 mob. Rev limit was 9 levels up and down for example. Atleast i think. You would have to drop item when you are in level range, or buy it later from lowbie. Standard game economy mechanism :twisted: :twisted:
Party xp range was +/- 9lvls.
Gear dropped for any level, anytime and was a static thing.
Having a level requirement is completely moot. People will just make alts to farm it and we are right back at square one.
I knew a dude in rev who had summoners for power leveling. They were named thusly;
OneThruTen, ElevenThruTwenty, ect.
Also asegrene mobs as another example. Everyone just made 55s for it. Level restrictions are not a resolution to the problem...

PS: The only reason high levels bought lowbie gear is because they didnt want to spend 2hrs to farm an item (or more) It was simple laziness that got people to spend cash besides T1-4 boss drops.

Firion
Bronze

Post by Firion » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:11 pm

How about we add a check to boss that checks max player level in room when it dies and then reduces the % chance for loot to drop based on gap between (target level) and (current highest level)?
That way, anyone can kill them anytime but its almost pointless if you are too high of a level?
-We also have to think about quests and the like in the future. IF we have say, a lvl 30 restriction on Thraxx, we cant have a quest for him because if you miss it, you can no longer fight him...
Last edited by Firion on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

psicho
Bronze

Post by psicho » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:32 pm

but i already get lost, what is the problem.
"I hit first and then call it selfdefence."

Firion
Bronze

Post by Firion » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:08 pm

Rev was +/-9 lvls for party xp.
Rev had a drop rate for items around .01% or .001% some items took DAYS of farming to acquire.
Due to this, people bought gear they didnt want to farm and more imporantly MOST of the people using the bazar or looking for items were noobs. People who couldnt farm the gear themselves. Otherwise, high levels bought T1-4 boss drops at high level and that was it.
IDK when you came from rev but ferreal, the game was oversaturated with items. Nobody traded them because they wanted to tinc stuff and blow it up. Item hoarding on rev was terrible and gold was nearly useless. lol
Anyone could kill any mob for its loot at any time and nothing was lvl restricted except asegrene.
Rev also had keys for bosses ALONG WITH respawn timers so... idk why you are arguing this so hard.
Lvl restrictions just wont work. :P Its a moot point.
I knew a dude who made toons for power leveling. OneThruTen, ElevenThruTwenty, anyone who wants to farm those level restricted mobs will do the same. ITs not a fix, just a band-aid.

psicho
Bronze

Post by psicho » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:36 am

nah mate, i dont.

Not sure about the Rev, maybe when the new generation of players come, the server become to be be economy ruined... maybe. I dont remember it that way, and also the minibososes there (that oak three, taskmaster, pirate and there was something more i think, Issah or something), or high mobs who has very usefull drops (fe. Sigil of Majestia) was farming , but the drop rate was so low so the items had still value to target group levels.. It was only about spawn time, and so can be here. Let Maven make 2 hrs Balo respawn, and 6 hrs Thraxx, i aint having problem with that.

psicho
Bronze

Post by psicho » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:41 am

to make it clear
- i dont want to get ingame economy ruined, and i dont want system colapse to nontrading.

Scykes
Copper

Post by Scykes » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:34 am

I used the bazaar sometimes, and only farmed stuff if it wasn't in the bazaar, not that I did much of that in the first place, to me farming things in areas where people of lower levels could be is not good and I've never done that. I hardly traded for that matter, and never had hordes of money. I mean an AA 45 Druid can't farm much by itself. I'm not sure how others feel, and well since me and Psicho just tossed stuff at people sometimes that probably wasn't a good idea either at the time, but it also lets people know that the community wants to help them.

Actually come to think about this, I've thought about this problem myself quite a few times and couldn't really decide on a fix, I mean lets say you increase respawn timers then people figure out how long that is and then just hit them at those times. Increase price, or lower drop rate people farm more. Drop price, and increased drop rate then you inflate the economy. There is no true fix to this as far as I could think of by myself... yeah its not much, if you raise their levels that just means slightly more people unless, then there are those people who find a way to make op specs to deal with this concept also.

psicho
Bronze

Post by psicho » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:57 am

i agree.

also, dont forge the level. Games like this are always about playing on level cap, WoW, Revelation, Lineage2, aio, and others others others. the items on lower levels are just the way to to level cap and enjoying and testing the current posibilities. So level 75 sword would not be deal breaker when there is level 100 cap and 10 other swords, you know what i mean.

BUT

we keep talking about rev, there was like 1 dungeon boss compared to t1, others like how much? 6? T1s , then 3-4 T2s, and one T3s .. after long long long time there was added 3 exta T3s and one T3,5 or it was t4? doesnt matter probably the acurrency of counts.

those items was realy valuable. Because of the rates, the ratio of boss runs, tincture blowing things ... but the mechanism just keep working fore me.