Parties

Maven
Site Admin

Parties

Post by Maven » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:03 pm

With the exp system changing a little, you will gain less exp from mobs as you level up, forcing you to go out and find harder mobs.

Currently you can party with anyone and it doesn't matter what level they are, so people tend to drag their lowbies around to exp them faster, which I don't mind too much. And it's nice to be able to show new guys around. You eventually reach a limit though, since the highest exp from normal mobs was around 100 or so.

But, with the changes to exp, harder mobs will give more exp that'll make it too easy/fast when dragging lowbies around. Probably need to make it that you can only party with people within certain level range(much like rev).

There is zoning as well, making it so you need to be at least x level to enter an area.

Thoughts/opinions? Maybe you have another idea?
:twisted:

Scykes
Copper

Re: Parties

Post by Scykes » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:51 pm

The highest Xp from a Mob was Brother Ari about 250 per kill.

What will happen when you have a group where some could enter the area being of or greater then the level needed and others are not of that level?

Maven
Site Admin

Post by Maven » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:55 pm

The characters that don't meet the level requirement get left behind.

Scykes
Copper

Post by Scykes » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:02 pm

I figured you would have something like if the parties average level does not meet it then they can't advance so they would be forced to level the low people.

psicho
Bronze

Post by psicho » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:04 pm

there should still be exp limit for level when in party. I mean like - if level 30 is draggin level 10, and there is level 100xp mob, the level 30 will gain in, and level 10 will gain less. for example the last version of Cursed Lands what we (barely) remember - level 40 dragging level 10 on orcs will be as same for the lowbie as he will be killing .. trolls. So just to exp the lowbie there will be no reason to bring him into badass area (also he has to come for trainer very often so....).
"I hit first and then call it selfdefence."

Firion
Bronze

Post by Firion » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:53 pm

Why not have a % penalty, say 25% per 5 lvl difference starting at 10 lower? That way we can keep it so anyone can group to show people around or whatever but if you have a player thats 15 levels below, 75% exp reduction making it about 25xp/kill which is quite a bit more reasonable.
This way if you have higher levels power level you, its still work, making you earn it OR you can do it yourself, faster. :)

Example: A level 20 and level 10 can group, without extra exp penalty. With minimal penalties.
A level 9 and 20 would suffer a 50% exp penalty. With party penalty too.
A level 4 and 20 would suffer a 75% exp penalty. With party penalty too.

I think scaling xp penalties for groups would also make more sense.
1-2=no penalty. (10% is minimum party penalty unless all members are <=5 lvl difference.)
3-4=15%
5-6=30%
7+=50%

psicho
Bronze

Post by psicho » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:30 pm

Firion's idea isnt bad at all
"I hit first and then call it selfdefence."

Maven
Site Admin

Post by Maven » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:18 pm

Yeah, I think that may be the way to go.