multi-clienting

Firion
Bronze

multi-clienting

Post by Firion » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:01 pm

I know we talked a bit about this on the server but felt it should have its own place on the forums.

Members of the playerbase had a chat about multi-clienting and its benefits vs downfalls online to decide what steps, if any were needed to address people being able to solo bosses using multiple accounts from one PC.

As it stands, many of us felt that multi-clienting was a fun part of cursed lands. Due to this game simply being in early stages and with a low playerbase, it stands to reason we allow multi-clienting so that the devs can accurately balance the game and find bugs via player feedback until such a time when:
A: The playerbase is healthy enough to accomodate boss runs without Multi-Clienting.
B: Even if such were to occour, we would likely keep the multi-clients to a 2 maximum.
C: People start taking bosses so often as a single player, multi-ing, there are no spawns left for others who wish to do legitimate boss runs.

The biggest problem we will run into is a single person using 6 characters to solo bosses.

As such, im posting on here an "unoffical rule" or "code of conduct"

IF you are wanting to do bosses by yourself, do a /g (global) and ask if anyone wants to do the run with you. Wait 5min and take the ones who do. If nobody responds, you are free to take the bosses solo.

This way we can keep both sides happy and will not need to do anything more on the subject till much later.

Happy hunting!
-Zalam

psicho
Bronze

Re: multi-clienting

Post by psicho » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:24 pm

hey,
first of all , there are no bosses yet. Just minibosses, and they should have some level restriction or something. Mages, Balo can be soloed by level 20 warrior or around, werewolf on level 28 or something, i can kill thraxx with level 41 warrior mostly without heal. The orcs are harder and the way to them is longer, so i am not going there often, when i am, i kill them once, twice - depends on spawns. Trolgar is dead in two double hits. So yes, the game content isnt now (writen before update) designed for me, or frostedclaws and we dont need another players to kill minibosses, we just go around, hit it, kill it, no big deal and then we go exping. the time i invite other guys in the party is time i would already kill half of the minibosses.

BUT i dont have problem with it, i took all the new guys on the run, show them around but my point is - killing combo : 2x Mages, Balo, Thrax, Throlgar, Werewolf, Shaman and Chieftain isnt challenging anymore, its just like "bus stop". We just dont take it as "boss run" because i killed thraxx myself probably 50th times..

About the multiclients - the playerbase isnt ready to play without it, also the content isnt designed to do so. I am probably the strongest character in the game now and i still cant solo most of the areas without priest (like good areas on exp). And waiting for another priest, or damager isnt always the way.

And not telling this is the problem, but be prepare for times, where not all of us get on the run, when the game starts to be "real". There is no need for level 25 damage dealers in level 50 party , you know what i mean. when the real rare items starts droping etc... but its song of the future.
"I hit first and then call it selfdefence."

Maven
Site Admin

Post by Maven » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:55 pm

Interested to see people's opinions on this.

With the way things are setup currently, it was never really intended for people running around with level 30+ parties, multi-ing or not. The fact people have made it that far is madness! :twisted:.

One of the biggest problems I see is the over farming of items. Nothing is that rare anymore, now things can be killed fairly easily. And there is nothing to trade, as everyone has multiples of everything, or buy, since most dropped items are better. So no real use for gold.

Level restrictions is something that's coming for certain areas, both min and max levels. Hopefully this will help maintain a level of difficulty in places. New mobs are being added to fill in some of the gaps and make soloing a bit more viable.
:twisted:

psicho
Bronze

Post by psicho » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:13 pm

well yes, sure, but thats about the content, you know that. Sure everybody is trying to kill Balo from level 16 probably ... how much times that pure guy died anyway? :D
its easy, there are drops, he is not far away, it is realy fast to kill him and if you die you just try again. There are rare items, ring of knowledge for example, but the trade for items, or buying them from players isnt realy issue now, thats true - but just because we are capable of trying to farm it. It wont be always this way. When the game will be well designes (and its going to be), there is no way to keep 3-5 chars well and max equiped. I dont want to mention reveletion often, but there was items from t1-t2 which you cant obtain in years.... I will never forget when the 5th Eternal Sigil has droped from t3 boss, and we was like "we will neve have that" because greenjok skull ring was already an item you just cant get hand on. And thats already happening, Ring Of Knowledge is first example. there is like 5 of them. and thats fucking minibos drop ;)).

i would post more wide view from me tomorrow in the Request section.

EDIT: the exp reduction in party may be handy too....

Firion
Bronze

Post by Firion » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:46 pm

The issue I have with restricting levels to fight bosses is we wont be able to farm those "mini bosses" as you put them (they are actually bosses you are just insane high level. :P). We dont have a healthy enough playerbase to go restricting areas en masse. It would require us all to then have alts, specifically for the purpose of farming those items. Its just not a solid idea for moderation in my opinion as a mass use band-aid.
Just dont be a dick and ask people if they wana go on a run psyco. lol

Firion
Bronze

Post by Firion » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:48 pm

We COULD just go making people earn keys to fight bosses and limit each persons key per day. ;) That will also stop the issue with a better fix. :P
Actually, itll also limit the drop rate problem that Maven mentioned as well...
Maybe 4-5 keys per boss per day?

psicho
Bronze

Post by psicho » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:31 pm

to be honest i am not a dick :D :D :D most of the time i play , i am online alone, maybe Scykes going to sleep and afk Maven ... and i take players on runs. Slightly small difference is fact, i am actualy not doing runs, i just passed by the boss so i kill him, but it wasnt the purpouse of my move that way :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

limit as keys is bad idea. Why to limit someone who has posibilities, time nad skill to do something more often (now i am not talking about myself of course), just because someone dont?

psicho
Bronze

Post by psicho » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:33 pm

also there is reason for that low spawn time.

Firion
Bronze

Post by Firion » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:39 pm

Same reason you would add a level cap to fight the boss. :D
I was just fuckin with you psycs. Peace. lol. I just knew you would disagree with that idea but it IS a solution to BOTH problems at once.
And you need to limit it for a few reasons:
1: Other players besides those who have 'capped', need a chance to farm those same items.
2: Having keys would allow us to remove all respawn timers and just have a quick respawn because, players are otherwise limited.
3:This would save some minute time for the devs in the long run with having to balance drop rate vs difficulty vs respawn vs xp.
4:Over-saturation of items to the games economy.

Another alternative is to wipe items more often but I think we can all agree people have earned those items so we need to limit wipes as much as possible.
High levels are a badge of honor and I get it, you SHOULD be badass and be able to do things others cant- youve earned it!
But im not ok with that at the expense of lowbies enjoyment of the game as well...

psicho
Bronze

Post by psicho » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:48 pm

limit level on boss, or boss is very regular mechanism used almost in any game... There is no reason to player level 40 hav eoportunity to kill level 20 mob. Rev limit was 9 levels up and down for example. Atleast i think. You would have to drop item when you are in level range, or buy it later from lowbie. Standard game economy mechanism :twisted: :twisted: